230g bread flour
30g caster sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
4g (1 tsp) dried instant yeast
100g mashed sweet potato
25g egg (lightly beaten)
140g fresh milk
20g coconut oil
- Combine flour, sugar and salt together until well blended. Add in dried yeast and mix well. Add in mashed sweet potato, eggs and milk. Knead until it forms a slightly sticky dough.
- Then add in coconut oil. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Shape dough into a ball and placed in a bowl covered with cling wrap. Leave it in a warm place to rise until doubled.
- Punch down to expel trapped air. Divide into 4 equal portions.
- Rest for 10 mins.
- Flatten the dough and then roll up like Swiss Rolls.
- Place the rolls on a lined loaf pan. Cover with cling wrap and leave to proof until doubled.
- Using a sharp knife, make a slash on the bread and place strips of butter into the incision. Then sprinkle some raw sugar over.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 35 minutes or until golden brown.