600g bread flour
15g sea salt
10g dried yeast
20g olive oil
1 large Desire potato
salt & pepper
- Combine everything in a mixing bowl. Using a hook attachment, mix on low speed for about 3 minutes. Then increase the speed to high and mix for another 7 minutes or until dough comes away from the sides of the bowl and has a silky, smooth texture. Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside to prove until doubled in size.
- Lightly grease two 36 x 26 cm rectangular oven trays. Divide the dough into two portions and use a rolling pin, roll each dough out to create two 40 x 30 cm rectangles, about 3mm thick. (Do this in stages to allow the dough to rest and relax between rolls).
- Gently transfer to the prepared trays, trimming the sides to fit the tray and set aside for about 15 minutes or until risen by half.
- Meanwhile, dissolve about 2 tsp salt in about 1 litre of lukewarm water. Using a mandolin slice the potatoes very thinly and put directly into the salted water, which will prevent oxidation and also helps to soften them. Soak for about 30 - 60 minutes. Then pat dry on paper towels.
- Using a fork prick the base of the pizza, spread garlic oil over the base and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange potato slices over the base and sprinkle with chopped rosemary, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 220°C for about 10 minutes.