Ingredients: [Yields about 45g curry powder]
20g coriander seeds
15g cumin seeds
15g fennel seeds
15g or more dried chillies, remove seeds
1 star anise
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- Put all the ingredients (A) into a sieve and rinse with water. Drain thoroughly.
- Then place the spices into a frying pan (without oil) and toast the spices on low heat, tossing constantly until fragrant. Leave to cool in the pan.
- In a grinder or blender, grind the toasted spices into fine powder. Add in ingredients (B) and continue to blitz until combined.
- Sift the ground spices through a fine mesh-sieve, and return the coarser remains in the sieve to the grinder and grind again. Discard any residue that cannot pass through the sieve.
- Store in an airtight glass jar.