Source (with slight changes in blue) : Daily Delicious
65g butter, softened
40g icing sugar
3 eggs, separated
65g dark chocolate
125g almond meal
1 1/2 tsp Cointreau Liqueur
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 15cm round pan with baking paper.
- Put the chocolate in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- In a clean and dry bowl, beat egg whites until firm peaks formed. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add in liqueur and beat until combined.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
- Add in almond meal and beat to combine. Then fold in chopped chocolate.
- Finally, fold meringue into the batter in 3 additions.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until cake is done.
- Cool the cake in the pan.
60g dark chocolate
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave and pour glaze over the cake.
- Let the glaze set lightly before serving.