400g rice vermicelli (soaked in water until softened)
10 shallots, finely sliced
1/2 cup lemon juice (approx)
2 tbsp sugar
150g dried shrimps (washed and chopped)
200g prawns (shelled and deveined)
2 tbsp finely chopped torch ginger flower (bunga kantan)
3 tbsp dessicated coconut, light toasted and pound
3 tbsp fried shallots
1 small cucumber, julienned
1 small carrot, julienned
some mint leaves, shredded
some coriander leaves, chopped
100ml lemon juice
1/2 tbsp sugar (or to taste)
1/2 tbsp salt
6 tbsp fish sauce (or to taste)
6 tbsp sambal belacan
3 tbsp fried shallot oil
- Blanch vermicelli in a pot of boiling water. Drain and rinse under cold running water, then drain well. Set aside.
- Marinade finely sliced shallots in lemon juice and sugar. Set aside.
- With 1 tbsp of oil, stir-fry dried shrimps until fragrant and pound. Set aside.
- Fry or boil prawns until cooked.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together and toss well to mix.
- Serve immediately.