Treat yourself to these sticky, sweet and salty roasted almonds with a mix of crunch and flavour to satisfy your hunger for munch. They are easy to make and also a great alternative to potato chips.
225 g raw almonds
1 tbsp Tamari
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp olive oil
sea salt, to taste
freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 165 deg C.
- Spread almonds on a lined shallow tray in a single layer. Bake for about 15 minutes, until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, stir to combine Tamari, honey and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Remove almonds from the oven and pour Tamari mixture onto the almonds and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle sea salt and black pepper over the almonds and return to the oven to bake for a further 12 minutes, tossing one more time during baking.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle a little more salt over the almonds. Separate any almonds that have clumped together.
- Cool and store in an air tight container.