1kg pork ribs
2 sections of lotus root (about 450g)
1 big arrowroot (粉葛) (about 400g)
1/2 cup peanuts, washed and soaked overnight
6 red dates
1 dried squid, cut into small pieces
salt & pepper, to taste
2.5 L water
- Wash and scrape off the skin from the lotus root. Cut into slices.
- Peel the skin off the arrowroot and cut into pieces.
- Boil a large pot of water, add in pork ribs and blanch for about 5 minutes. Rinse the pork ribs and set aside.
- Place 2.5L water into the pot and bring to the boil. Add in all the ingredients except salt and pepper. Bring to the boil again over high heat. Then lower the heat and simmer the soup for about 3 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.